- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zurab Nogaideli predicts elections or revolution in autumn2009-06-08 11:43
Zurab Nogaideli, the ex-PM of Georgia, For Just Georgia movement leader, predicts early elections this autumn in Georgia, in case nor the government "will get a new revolution," he said in the air of Public TV, Political Week program.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The situation is Georgia is so complicated that in autumn the authorities will have to call early elections, or they'll get a new revolution. It would surely be better to avoid revolution", the ex-PM said.
He believes that Mikheil Saakashvili will have to call elections, as his government is being disintegrated, and the country is on the verge of serious civil confrontation. In case the elections will not be called in autumn, Nogaidely's party, previously acting apart other opposition, will start actions for calling snap elections.
Nogaideli stated his party managed to deprive Saakashvili of power in one region -Ajaria, and in case elections are held tomorrow, For Just Georgia will defeat the ruling party.
The ex-PM highlights that Saakashvili realizes it, "therefore feels nervous, has hysterics, intensively visits regions - Ajaria and Guria -and makes accusative statements addressed to the opposition", including Nogaideli himself. Responding to these accusations, Zurab Nogideli stated he earned his fortune with honest business, but not being the OM and the member of the government.
"When I was in the government, Georgia was developing in the right way, corruption was driven to minimum; and now in the country, especially in Ajaria, blossoms elite corruption, Varshalomidze clan is reigning there", he mentioned.