- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
National Forum party goes to the regions2009-06-08 15:57
After May 26th National Forum opposition party renounced participation in mock prison cells action, as well as rallies near the Parliament. Today it published its action plan for the nearest days.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Party leader Kakha Shartava stated today national forum leaders and activists depart for regions, Ajaria the first destination.
On June 9-14 the party conducts meetings with population of this region, then moves to Adigheni region (Samtskhe-Javakheti, South Georgia), then to Kakhaeti region, and establishes the regional office in Telavi.
Also, on June 11th the party intends to conduct a protest action near the UN representative office in Georgia. Shartava said the party will express the dangerous tendency which appeared in the most recent report by Ban Ki-moon [Abkhazia's belonging to Georgia is not mentioned].
The National Forum doesn't intend to have alliances or unions with other political forces, but is ready to cooperate with all the opposition parties demanding the shift of the present-day regime. Shartava called on the other opposition forces to join the work with population in regions to let the protest wave envelop the entire country.