- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Journalists and opposition staged a joint protest action2009-06-08 17:43
Today journalists and opposition staged a protest action near the National Commission on Communications of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Protesters shut their mouths with pieces of cloth and brought placards with inscription "Give speech freedom!"
They protested against restraints of the freedom of speech, and also against the non-issuing satellite broadcasting license to Maestro company.
Georgia Gachechiladze, the singer aka Utsnobi, also participated and claimed that in the 21st century demanding a licence for satellite broadcasting is ridiculous, because it's merely not needed.
The issue of granting Maestro the license must have been considered last week, but the Commission adjourned the meeting due to the absence of quorum. In response journalists and opposition threatened with permanent protest actions near the Commission's office.