- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Saakashvili returned a Jehovah’s Witness’ child to hospital2009-06-09 12:58
Mikheil Saakashvili, the President of Georgia, ordered Alexander Kvitashvili, the Minister of Labor, Healthcare, and Social Protection, to return to hospital the 4-year old Inna Tsarielashvili, whose parents are Jehovah's Witnesses.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The girl was taken to the burn center of Tbilisi several days ago with serious burns. Several operations were made, but after the child needed blood transfusion, parents took her away from the hospital. They said their religion doesn't allow blood transfusion, and refused to continue the treatment.
Past evening the President held a meeting with Minister Kvitashvili [meeting broadcasted by Georgian TV companies] and said in the case when it comes to the child's life, neither law nor religious prejudices must be obstacles to save it.
He ordered to involve police and return the girl to the hospital, at night the girl, escorted by police, was delivered to the burn center.