- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition is walking to Interior Ministry building and Prosecutor’s Office2009-06-09 14:43
Rally near the Parliament of Georgia, dated to the 2 months since the beginning of mass protest actions, was staged today. From 4 000 to 6 000 people participated. Opposition leaders said they would "continue peaceful actions with the demand of Saakashvili's resignation", - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
After the rally opposition supporters started march to the buildings of MIA and Prosecutor's Office; they are expected to picket these buildings.
Eka Beselia, For United Georgia party Secretary General explained that the march to MIA building and Prosecitor's Office are "of symbolic character". "We believe that the present-day authorities rely on police and Prosecutor's Office, which ,in fact, rule the country, and we stage the protest action near these agencies", she said.
"Only Saakashvili's resignation and holding early presidential elections will allow ensuring the supremacy of law and conducting system changes on the work of the law enforcement bodies," Beselia said.
At the same time, Saakashvili repeatedly stated he has no intention to resign before the end of his presidential term in 2013.