- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Zourabishvili sent an address to the U.S. President2009-06-11 14:28
In the light of the coming negotiations with Russia Salome Zourabishvili, the Way of Georgia party leader, calls on Barack Obama do not forget about Georgia and support democracy in the country, her address to the U.S. president states, Georgian and Ukrainian mass media report.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the party press service, the address was passed to Philip Gordon, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State, in the course of his visit to Georgia.
"Georgia should be neither forgotten nor sacrificed for a renewed dialogue with Moscow," the statement says. Zourbishvili believes that situation in Caucasus should be stabilized via democracy and dialog.
She believes the present-day government of Georgia has become the destructive element, threatening stability both in Georgia and in the region. Zourabishvili thinks the stability of Georgia is directly connected with the people's reconciliation with the leadership; without it the political crisis will only aggravate, and it may lead to dangerous situation.
Zourabishvili calls o the USA to support new elections in Georgia. She highlights only free elections may give a chance for the new leaders, whom people will trust, to come to power. Therefore she expresses confidence the USA must favor holding new elections and support such democratic institutions as free mass media and independency of judges.