- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition is staging a protest action near the UN office in Georgia2009-06-11 16:55
Today National Forum opposition movement stages a protest action near the UN office in Tbilisi. Traditionalists' Union representatives also participate.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Opposition leaders and forum activists protest against the latest report by the UN Secretary General on the situation in Georgia, in which from name Abkhazia (Georgia) word "Georgia' is removed.
Tbilisi regards this fact as a concession to Russia and indirect recognition of Abkhazia's independence.
The protesters demand the restoration of the previous definition, recording Abkhazia as inalienable part of Georgia, at the UNSC sitting on June 15th.
"The USA and Russia play in redivision of the world. First these games disintegrated Serbia and led to Kosovo's independency recognition. Now the crawling process of Georgia's partitioning goes on, and it will lead to nothing good", said Gubaz Sanikidze, one of National Forum leaders.
Akaki Asatiani, Traditionalists' Union leader, noted with this protest action Georgia protests not only own interests, but also the ones of the whole world community, as if the resolution is adopted in the way Ban Ki-moon presented it, it will cause chaos in the world.