- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russia regards the reaction of the USA and the EU on the elections in South Ossetia as unreasonably sharp2009-06-11 17:45
Moscow regards the reaction of the USA and the EU on the parliamentary elections in South Ossetia held on May 31st as unreasonably harsh, said Andrey Nesterenko, the Foreign Ministry of Russia spokesman - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Czech Republic, the EU president country, called the elections "illegitimate" and confirmed support to the territorial integrity of Georgia. "We deplore that the USA and the EU gave unreasonably sharp assessment of elections in South Ossetia. Again they didn't only refused to accept its results, but also didn't want to see the real situation", Nesterenko said at the briefing.
He said these statements are the attempt of to deprive the South Ossetian people of the right to build its own life. Nesterenko added these statements may rather harm those who made them.
According to the Russian diplomat, the election were held in a calm atmosphere, with a high voter turnabout, with over 120 of monitors from over than 20 countries. He added that among the monitors there were representatives of the Russian parliament, Russian central Electoral Commission e.t.c. "According to their assessments, the elections were conducted in compliance with the legislation of South Ossetia, were called free and open, complying with international standards", Nesterenko said.