- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian refugees from Abkhazia to stage an action near the UN office in Tbilisi2009-06-15 10:32
Today a protest action will be staged near the UN office in Tbilisi. Ada Marshania, the head of the so-called Abkhazian government in exile, called on the community to gather near the UN building in Tbilisi and to stay till the UNSC finished discussion of the issue of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
She said Russia had already reached its aim and got the report of the UN Secretary General, in accordance with which Abkhazia was no longer a part of Georgia. "The problem must be solved by the Georgian people, and in the first line, refugees from Abkhazia," she said.
Today the UN Security Council makes a decision on the UN mission in Georgia prolongation and adopts the corresponding resolution, which must consider the recommendations recorded in the UN Secretary General's report.
In that report Ban Ki-moon omitted word "Georgia" from the name "Abkhazia (Georgia). In the light of this event Georgian opposition staged a protest action near the UN office in Georgia on June 11th.
On June 12th , at the Security Council of Georgia, President Saakashvili expressed discontent with the UNSC resolution, and at the same time mentioned he was sure the UN supported Georgia as never before.