- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Maestro and Caucasia stopped broadcasting to express protest2009-06-15 17:15
This afternoon Maestro and Caucasia stopped broadcasting for non-defined period - Novosti-Gruziagt-en-newsitem-inside
It is done because of the violence against journalists at today's action. According to Caucasia, cameraman Temur Pandashvili was severely beaten up, Georgi Kobakhidze suffered, police took away the camera and tapes with records of dispersal.
According to the Mamuka Glonti, the director of Maestro, two journalists of his company were taken away 2 cameras. He added that cessation of broadcasting is aimed to attract attention of the international organizations to the events in Georgia and violation of journalists' rights.
Nino Burjanadze informed police is trying to disperse a protest action near MIA in Digomi and opposition leaders are on the way to the place of incident. "The authorities attempted to create civil confrontation", she said.
Zurab Abashidze ws injured in the clash: he was taken to Gudushari hospital with concussion, broken nose, damaged jaw, with numerous hematomas, doctors explained.
In its turn, MIA reported of picket of the Ministry main building participants detained for disobedience to police.
According to the Ministry's official statement opposition representatives "blocked the entrance to the main building of the Ministry of Interior Affairs and the road". "Police tried to clear the entrance and the road, in the course of which protesters didn't obey policemen and resisted. The action participants are detained in regard to the fact of disobeying police, they will be transferred to pre-trial prison".
The number of detained is not mentioned.
Previously today about 20 people with clubs destroyed about 30 mock prison cells near the State Chancellery.