- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Five opposition members arrested for 30 days for resisting police2009-06-16 11:16
Five participants of opposition youth organizations were sentenced to "administrative arrest for 30 days for resisting police," the statement of MIA of Georgia claims - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"33 opposition members, detained yesterday in the course of the incident near the main police building of Tbilisi, were released after having paid the administrative fine, imposed by the court".
MIA mentioned that yesterday over 100 action participants "blocked the central entrance to police building and traffic on the highway near the building". "Policemen tried to clear the central entrance and the road, but action participants didn't obey the police demand and resisted, after that 38 action participants were detained over the fact of resisting police", the document states.
Opposition, in its turn, charged the authorities in "beating up opposition supporters near the main police building of Tbilisi". They state that "over 300 policemen went out the police building and started beating up action participants, who didn't violate the law". Nino Burjanadze, the Democratic Movement-United Georgia leader said the incident "is a purposeful campaign of the country authorities, aimed to intimidate opposition".