- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Abkhazian authorities will not accelerate the withdrawal of UN mission2009-06-16 12:42
Leaders of Abkhazia will take no steps to accelerate the withdrawal of the UN mission, the madate of which wasn't prolonged, RIA Novosti reports alluding to Sergey Shamba, the Foreign minister of Abkhazia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The mission stopped its work today at 8 a.m. [Moscow time]
Shamba mentioned that since there would be no financing of the mission, it wouldn't be able to stay, and no actions from the Abkhazian side will be needed.
At the same time he mentioned that according to the UN practice, up to 3 months are given for mission curtailment.
Shamba mentioned at the moment the Mission employees [110 military observers and 150 of civil staff] and considerable infrastructure are currently remaining in Abkhazia.
The Minister mentioned the UNSC refusal to prolong the mission was a "predictable result". He said it could be predicted judging by the information from the UN and ‘the reaction we [Abkhazian side] saw in the process of the preparation of the report by the UN Secretary General". "Such an unconstructive position of the UNSC member countries has already doubted the possibility of mission prolongation", Shamba said. He added the demands of the Abkhazian side were logic and well-grounded: it wanted the UN mission to be presented in the state which has nothing to do with Georgia.