- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Group of Friends of the UN Secretary General regrets the termination of the UN mission in Georgia and Abkhazia2009-06-17 13:03
Group of friends of the UN Secretary General [includes the USA, Great Britain, Germany and France] regrets Russia's decision to veto the resolution on the United Nations Observer Mission in Georgia (UNOMIG) - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"The closure of the UN mission, like that of the OSCE mission, is a setback to international efforts to resolve this conflict," says the statement, published on the U.S. Department of State site.
"We call on all parties with forces on the ground to exercise the utmost restraint and to abide by the August 12 and September 8 ceasefire agreements. We call on all participants in the Geneva talks to commit themselves to continuing efforts to find a peaceful and political resolution to the conflict and to alleviate the plight of refugees and IDPs. We reaffirm our firm support for the European Union Monitoring Mission. We also reiterate our strong support for Georgia's independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders," the document states.