- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
USA firmly supports the desire of Ukraine and Georgia to join NATO2009-06-17 15:29
Barack Obama's administration firmly supports the right of Ukraine and Georgia to strive for NATO membership, said yesterday Philip Gordon, the Assistant U.S. Secretary of State for Eurasian and European Affairs - The Vzglyad.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Delivering speech in the U.S. Congress he said Georgia and Ukraine must implement significant reforms to meet the standards, and added that Washington is working with Tbilisi and Kyiv to assist them to direct the efforts.
The diplomat stated the firm support of the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Georgia. Gordon added the USA will keep solidarity with the world community by refusal to recognize the independency of Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
He added in the nearest Monday Hillary Clinton, the U.S. Secretary of State, and Grigol Vashadze, the Foreign Minister of Georgia, will hold the first meeting of the bilateral Council of strategic partnership. The Council is established in accordance with the paragraphs of the bilateral Charter on strategic partnership, signed in January 2009, Gordon explained. The U.S. Department of State explained the Council meeting will be held in Washington.