- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian press condemned the actions of police2009-06-17 16:11
Georgian press today published joint statement condemning the violence from the side of police, which took place at the dispersal of a peaceful protest action near the main polive building of Tbilisi on June 15th.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"We, magazines and newspapers, published in Georgia, and their employees, join the protest and condemn the violence, which took place near the main police building of Tbilisi. The most disgraceful are impeding journalists' professional activities and facts of physical reprisal over them", the statement says.
The statement's authors set all the responsibility on the government and, in the first line, on the President of Georgia who "facadely" often claims of the journalists' rights pritectio and freeom of speech.
Press calls on law enforcement bodies to investigate these facts of violence immediately and punish the guilty to keep everyone from "impunity complex".