- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Committee sittings were held in the Parliament of Georgia2009-06-17 17:49
Today sittings of several committees were held in the Parliament of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Committee for Environment Protection Issues and Natural Resources discussed the draft amendments to the law on Tbilisi national park, implying cutting park territory on 1913 hectars due to withdrawal of territories with main pipelines and on which drilling works are being conducted. MPs also discussed the draft amendments to the law on establishment and governance of Kolkhida guarded territory.
At the sitting of the Committee on Healthcare and Social Protection Vice Speaker Gigi Tsereteli delivered a speech and proposed to increase the age of children falling under the state program of healthcare, to 5 years [from 3]. Tsereteli also proposed to accelerate granting vouchers to socially unprotected families to let them have aid from the state in time.
Another topic was amendments to budget implying increase in financing of the Ministry of labor, Healthcare and Social Protection by GEL 38 mln.
Committee on Issues of Culture, Education and Sport, Committee on Legal Issues, and Committee for Human Rights.