- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EUMM regrets the incident in Muzhava settlement2009-06-22 10:58
The EU Monitoring Mission regrets yesterday's incident in settlement Muszhava, the statement of the EUMM head, Hansjörg Haber, says.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I would like to send my sympathy to the family and friends of the MediClub driver who died today. The EUMM has an agreed mandate to carry out unhindered patrols in the areas adjacent to the administrative boundary line. We are still looking into the details of this incident, but I would like to make clear that any unprovoked attacks on our unarmed monitors and their patrols, going about their legitimate duties, are completely unacceptable.
We intend to contact the authorities on both sides of the administrative boundary line to investigate the details of this incident and ensure that nothing like this happens again."
According to the Interior Ministry of Georgia, yesterday at 10.30 a.m. in Muzhava an ambulance car was blown up by a mine, car driver Avtandil Akhaladze, died; doctor Gega Patiashvili was seriously injured.