- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Implementation of the Charter on strategic partnership to be discussed in Washington2009-06-22 11:23
The ways to implement the charter on Strategic partnership between Georgia and the USA will be discussed today at the sitting of the bilateral council in Washington D.C., said today Grigol Vashadze, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Georgia - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In the interview to Georgian TV journalists he said today meetings of workgroups will be held; participants will coordinate their actions and agree to turn the charter from the list of principles into a concrete plan of actions.
Vashadze claimed the Georgian side brought very well-thought-over and detailed proposals on the issue. According to the Minister, similar bilateral meetings will be held 3-4 times a year. "We hope that in the nearest future these meetings will lead to signing new accords", Vashadze said. He added that his meeting with Hillary Clinton will be conducted today after the meetings of working groups.
In Tbilisi John Tefft, the ambassador of the USA in Georgia, said the Charter signed on January 9th 2009, implies cooperation of the two countries in the spheres defense, security, economy, culture, and added the implementation of the document is very important for both countries.