- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Ex-PM of Georgia to be appointed the ambassador to NATO2009-06-22 14:03
Today Mikheil Saakashvili proposed for consideration of the Parliament the candidate Permanent Representative to NATO - ex-PM Grigol Mgaloblishvili - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In this position Mgaloblishvili will succeed Revaz Beshidze, whose term expires in a few days.
In nearest days the new Permanent representative candidate will be discussed in the bureau and committees of the Parliament. This week, at the plenary meeting, Mgaloblishvili's appointment is expected to be confirmed. Nobody doubts in it, bearing in mind the ruling party has the major part of votes in the Parliament.
Grigol Mgaloblishvili is 36. in 1996 he started career in the Foreign Ministry of Georgia. Since 2004 to October 2008 he was the ambassador to Turkey. On November 1st 2008 the parliament confirmed his appointment as the PM, but on January 30th 2009 he resigned due to ill health. Married, has 2 children.