- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
The EUMM head made a new statement in regard to the incident in Muzhava2009-06-23 10:44
Hansjörg Haber, the head of the EU Monitoring Mission, last evening made one more statement concerning the incident in Muzhava [near Georgian-Abkhazian border], when an ambulance car, escorting the EU monitors, was blown up by a mine, resulting in a driver killed and doctor wounded.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"I am very concerned that our preliminary findings of this incident indicate this was a deliberate attack on our patrol, going about its daily duties. This is a worrying development and completely unacceptable. The EUMM is an unarmed non executive Mission, mandated to carry out patrols to bring about security and stability to the people on both sides of the administrative boundary lines. We are entitled to carry out our legitimate activities unhindered," he said.
I hope that those responsible for this tragic incident are caught and prosecuted. Meanwhile I call on all sides to practice restraint and to use the agreed format of the Incident and Response Mechanism to deal with issues of concern," Haber concluded.