- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
OSCE mission finishes its activities in Georgia2009-06-23 14:20
OSCE mission finishes its work in Georgia. Yesterday a farewell party was held in Krtsanisi residence - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The mission is being at the stage of curtailment, as the Permanent Council failed to reach consensus to prolong its work.
The conflict was caused by different views on the monitoring operation in the South Ossetian conflict area after the August war. Russia disagreed with the extension of the mission in its previous form, enveloping South Ossetia and Abkhazia, recognized by Russia after the August events.
On June 30th the Mission will officially stop its work, a few days before - on June 25th OSCE monitors will participate in monitoring for the last time, the mission representatives said.
The farewell party was attended by representatives of executive and legislative branches of power in Georgia, political parties, mass media, NGOs.
The Mission implemented many projects, and planned to do even more, but the events developed in another way, said the Mission head, Terry Hakala and thanked all the mission employees.
Temur Iakobashvili, the State Minister for Reintegration, expressed confidence that "sooner or later the OSCE Mission will revive, possibly, with another mandate".