- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Lavrov: connection of the agreement on European security with the situation in Caucasus is artificial2009-06-23 17:01
Sergey Lavrov, the Foreign Minister of Russia, called the connection with European Security agreement with the events in Caucasus artificial, he said at the press conference after the OSCE conference on overview of security problems - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He underlined that many countries are eager to present demands and requests for Russia to renounce recognition of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, and only then discuss other issues, but this is an artificial connection. "Somebody doesn't want to accept the truth publicly," he said. Russia campaigns for confirmation of respect for the principle of sovereignty and territorial integrity of the countries, non-interference in their affairs, and principle of security indivisibility, he stated.
All these principles "must have universal appliance and be legally binding," Lavrov said. "I hope we'll hear the reply to this, - he said. - Now the partners skate around the main question". Lavrov reminded that Russia drew the initiative of the agreement long before the August events.
The Presidents of Russia and Georgia discussed the situation in Caucasus in Sankt-Petersburg, the Russian side proposed to sign a document on the non-use of force in settling South Osssetian and Abkhazian conflicts, the Minister added. He continued and said that Mikheil Saakashvili agreed with the proposal, but it all stuck at the expert level, demands for Russia to fulfill before Georgia signs, were presented, than contacts stopped, and the aggression began, Lavrov continued.