- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Defend Georgia activists went on hunger strike2009-06-23 17:33
Defend Georgia youth organization activists went on hunger strike near the EU mission building in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
They demand to release of the opposition members detained on June 15th , in a clash with police near the main MIA building - Novosti-Gruziya.
The action is aimed to call on Peter Semneby, the EU special envoy in Caucasus, to more activity against the illegal actions of the authorities, said Rati Maisuradze, the organization representative.
"We protest against the illegal actions of the authorities", Maisuradze stated.
The hunger strike will last until th prisoners are released.
On June 15th a clash between opposition activists and policemen occurred, Zurab Abashidze [Alliance for Georgia member] was wounded, several journalists suffered. Police detained 39 people, 4 were sentenced to 1-month imprisonment, all the rest - 400 lari of fine. Maestro and Caucasia TV channels temporarily halted broadcasting as a protest, since their journalists were beaten.