- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian battalion in Afghanistan to serve in the U.S. contingent2009-06-24 12:23
Georgian peacemaking battalion to serve in Afghanistan as a part of American contingent, stated yesterday David Sikharulidze, the Minister of Defense of Georgia - ITAR TASS.gt-en-newsitem-inside
In his interview to Imedi he said that a unit at the level of a battalion will be sent to Afghanistan, and "will serve as a part of the USA contingent in Southern provinces of Afghanistan".
Previously the Ministry of Defense representatives explained the battalion will be sent in the course of 2010.
According to Devi Chankotadze, the Chief of the Joint Staff of the Armed Forces of Georgia, "beside the aforesaid battalion, one hundred of Georgian peacemakers will serve in Afghanistan". He added that the battalion will serve as a part of American contingent, and the hundred of Georgian peacemakers - as a part of the French contingent.