- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Bakradze conducted negotiations with the British minister for Europe2009-06-24 14:58
David Bakradze, the Speaker of Georgian Parliament, today held a meeting with Glenys Kinnock, the British Minister for Europe, staying in Tbilisi.gt-en-newsitem-inside
He acquainted the guest with the domestic political situation in Georgia and the proposals the government makes to opposition.
The Speaker mentioned that the current political processes in Georgia must be shifted to the regime of dialog, ant the established Constitutional Commission is aimed to do it. Work to change the Electoral Code is being conducted, the issue of holding direct elections of the mayor of the city is added to the agenda
At the meeting foreign policy and conflict regions were also discussed. The sides touched upon the issues of deepening economic and political relations between the countries.
Glenys Kinnock arrived in Tbilisi yesterday, and this morning held a meeting with Georgi Baramidze, the State Minister for European and Atlantic Integration. The aim of her visit is to acquaint the situation in Georgia.