- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Don’t Torture! action to be held in Tbilisi2009-06-26 11:42
On June 26th, in the International Day in Support of Victims of Torture, a Don't Torture action will be held in Tbilisi, Novosti- Gruzia reports alluding to the Young Lawyers Association of Georgia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Action participants will gather at 11 a.m. near the building of Tbilisi police, to 12 a.m they'll move to the old MIA of Georgia building.
For this action artist Zaal Sulakauri drew emblems with mottoes to be written on T-shirts. Action participants intend to hand passers- by special booklets and tie white ribbons with "Don't Torture!" inscriptions to buildings.
The Young Lawyers Association head sent a letter, reporting of the planned events, to MIA.
"Though in recent times in Georgia the cases of tortures have decreased in number, the problem is still urgent and not eradicated to the end", the Association reports.
The International Day in Support of Victims of Torture was declared in 1997, following recommendations of the Economic and Social UN Council.