- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia missed the chance to avoid war with Russia in August 20082009-06-26 12:56
The authorities of Georgia had the resource to avoid military confrontation with Russia in August 2008, but didn't use it, said today Viktor Dolidze [Alliance for Georgia member, ex-Permanent Representative of Georgia to OSCE] - the Vzglyad.
Mikheil Saakashvili and his surroundings "took part in overt military-political aggression of Russia", he said.
"Events might have developed in another way and never got to this extent," Dolidze believes. The opposition member campaigns for direct dialog with the authorities of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, with "consideration of the Russian factor".
"A specific dialog with Russia is needed, and this implies no concessions," he said.