- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Parliament is preparing a draft on stricter financing of parties2009-06-26 15:07
Legal Committee of the Georgian Parliament starts work on draft amendments to the country's legislation, aimed to have a stricter control over financing political parties - Novosti-Gruzia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
This issue was the main topic of Mikheil Saakashvili's meeting with the parliamentary majority representatives, held on Thursday in Avlabari residence [for the first time in the 2 recent months freed from opposition pickets].
Previously Saakashvili stated the direct interference in the domestic policy life of the country by outer forces will be perilous. In particular, he mentioned the possible financing of some political forces by Russia - aimed to shift power.
The President presented the initiative of stricter control over parties, and, at the same time - possible increase of their financing by the state, said Vice Speaker Georgi Tsereteli after the meeting.