- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian non-parliamentary opposition published another declaration2009-06-26 18:40
Democratic Movement-United Georgia spread another joint declaration of the opposition, called the declaration of the obligations to the people.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the document, the present-day government "doesn't express the will of the people". Opposition agrees Georgia needs a new constitutional structure and presents own point of view over establishment of democratic, national traditions and culture-based, rich Georgian state of the European type.
The 10 principles of this state mentioned in the declaration: free and just elections, independent court, public control over police system, independent mass media, transparent government, inadmissibility of political persecutions, inviolability of property, balanced foreign policy, free economy, restoration of territorial integrity. Opposition promises to strive for it.
They also enumerate 10 main failures of Saakashvili' s government: corrupted government, biased and anti-people oriented justice system, undemocracy, admissibility of tortures and violent treatment, unfree mass media, power of circles close to the President, work possible the money obtained via blackmailing, obstacles to development of free economy, irrational and dangerous foreign policy.
The declaration states calling early parliamentary and presidential elections as the best way to restore civil freedoms and return the country to the rails of democracy.
In case opposition takes the office it will implement the following tasks: restoration of territorial integrity as the main priority in foreign and domestic policy, modern army formed in accordance with NATO standards, educational system shifted to national traditions. Among objectives: development of culture, protection of cultural legacy, protection of state language, return of refugees, establishment of close ties with diaspora, protection of Georgians abroad.