- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgian monuments joined In Danger list of UNESO2009-06-29 18:04
The World Heritage Committee, chaired by Maria Jesus San Segundo, the Ambassador and Permanent Delegate of Spain to UNESCO, inscribed the historical monuments of Mtskheta (Georgia) on the List of World Heritage in Danger because of concerns over their preservation.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The mentioned monuments are the historical churches of Mtsketa, the former capital of Georgia, the examples of religious architecture of mediaeval Caucasus - RIA Novosti.
This object was the third to be included in the In Danger list at the present-day session being held in Seville (Spain).
"The Committee asked Georgia to adopt an integrated management plan for the site and address problems related to the serious deterioration of the stonework and frescoes at the site. Other issues of concern include the management of land near the churches, and loss of authenticity due to work carried out in the buildings, inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage List in 1994," UESCO official site states.