- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
First group of the UN observers leaving Abkhazia2009-06-30 10:29
Today the first group of the UN peacemakers will leave Abkhazia - ITAR TASS. All the UN observers are expected to quit to July 15th. Representatives of administrative and technical services will continue their activities for 2-3 months. Officially the Mission terminated its activities on June 16th 2009.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Let us remind that Russian delegation voted against the technical extension of the UN Mission mandate in the UNSC. According to Vitaliy Churkin, Russia couldn't agree with the decision confirming the territorial integrity of Georgia and denying the existence of Abkhazia as an independent state.
Ban Ki-moon ordered to terminate the Mission activities in the region on June 16th 2009 and instructed Johan Verbeke, his special representative, about the steps to be made in that light.
The UN mission in Caucasus comprised 483 employees, among them 136 military observers, 20 UN policemen, 115 international and 210 local employees.