- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU presidency passes from the Czech Republic to Sweden2009-07-01 11:14
Today the rotational presidency in the EU passes from the Czech Republic to Sweden for half a year. The authority was passed to the PM of Sweden Fredrik Reinfeldt at the EU summit in Brussels held I June 18th -19th - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the opinion of observers, the period of the Czech Republic presidency passed without rises or falls, though it the same period the Cabinet of the Czech Republic was reshuffled, and despite the active phase of the financial and economic crisis on the backdrop.
The main achievement: the Czech leadership managed to ensure uninterrupted work of the EU institutions. The Czech Republic presidency started the Eastern Partnership program, aimed for political and economic approximation of the EU with Ukraine, Moldavia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Belarus, including the simplification of visa regime and more intensive cooperation in energy sphere.