- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Rules to stage rallies will be toughened2009-07-01 12:33
Starting with July the Parliament of Georgia intends to toughen the rules of staging manifestations and actions. The bill implying amendments to the law On Meetings and Manifestations, has already been prepared.gt-en-newsitem-inside
However, Pavle Kublashvili, the Chairman of the parliamentary Legal Committee said that "the law is not being amended, the specification of acting regulations is going on,"- GHN. In the talk with journalists Kublashvili said that according to the acting legislation, staging manifestations in radius of 20 meters (appr. 66 feet) around administrative buildings is restricted.
"The law said that roads cannot be blocked intentionally, we specify this as well and say the road can be blocked only in the case the meeting or manifestation cannot be staged otherwise. So, the blocking of the road must not be of self-aim character. We also specify no special constructions to block roads can be used," he mentioned.