- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Tourist sector is planned to be freed from taxes2009-07-01 18:36
The Georgian government will perhaps introduce some tax benefits for leading companies in tourist sphere. Exemption of 18-per cent tax may take place - Trend News.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The Ministry of Economy has already worked out the plan of tax benefits for leading tourist companies, said Lasha Zhvania, the Minister of Economy of Georgia said in the live air of leading tourist companies. "We only wait for endorsement by the government of Georgia", he added.
The minister underlined that for development of mass tourism in Georgia leading tourist companies must have either tax exemptions or tax benefits.
"If we make the decision and free the leading companies of VAT, the package for tourists, willing to visit Georgia, will be cheaper by 18 per cent. Accordingly, Georgia will be able to rival Turkey, Ukraine, Russia and Bulgaria. Otherwise mass tourism in Georgia won't be developing", Zhvania underlined.