- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alasania drew conclusions of his visit to the USA2009-07-02 11:01
At yesterday's press conference Alasania said he held important meetings in the White House, the Department of State, the Atlantic Council, the Department of Defense, was received by the UN Secretary General's deputies.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the opposition leader, he touched upon the domestic policy situation in Georgia, and repressions of the opposition by the government.
He stated the USA realizes that the main problem of Georgia is concentration of all the power in the hands of the President, and therefore the U.S. administration will continue the process of democratization of Georgia and reinforcement of its democratic institutions.
Alasania called the dispersal of opposition rally on June 15th a criminal action, and demanded punishment for those who ordered to suppress the action.
He called the detection of eavesdropping devices in opposition offices the continuation of the criminal actions and demanded investigation.
"If the government doesn't renounce these actions, it will drive the country into a deeper crisis", the Alasania said.
In his view the stir around the meeting of opposition leaders with ex- Inerior Minister Kakha Targamadze was organized by the authorities to cover own aforesaid criminal actions.
Nevertheless, he still regards dialog as the main method to solve all the problems, and at the next meeting he is ready to present specific proposals.