- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian Ministry of Defense: Russia requests Georgia to return Artemiyev2009-07-02 15:30
Russia and Georgia are negotiating on return of deserted soldier Dmitri Artemiyev, the press service and information department of the Ministry of Defense informs - RIA Novosti.gt-en-newsitem-inside
"On July 1st private Dmitri Artemiyev left the North Caucasus military district unit, deployed in locality of Perevi (Dzhava region, Republic of South Ossetia). The military serviceman crossed the Georgian-South Ossetian border and turned to the authorities of Georgia with a request to grant him the status of a refugee", the Ministry's statement claims.
"The authorized representatives of the Ministry of Defense started negotiations with the Georgian side on the return of private Artemiyev to the Russian military unit", the Ministry of Defense states.
According to previous messages, the Ministry for refugees and Resettlement Issues of Georgia has already included Dmitri Artemiyev into the list of status of refugee seekers.