- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
State Constitutional Commission of Georgia started work2009-07-03 12:20
The State Constitutional Commission, established upon the initiative of President Saakashvili, today started work. The first sitting was held in Sheraton Metekhi Palace hotel.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Tengiz Sharmanashvili, the National-Democratic party representative, was elected the Secretary.
Avtandil Demetrashvili, the Commission chairman, made an introductory speech. He said that today the Commission discusses mainly common questions, and fields of further work.
In the course of the first meeting working groups to prepare specific proposals on separate points and paragraphs of the Constitution, will be endorsed. Dimitri Shashkin, the Minister for Penitentiary, Probation and Legal Assistance announced the government is still appealing to all the opposition forces to join the Commission work.
Non-parliamentary opposition refused to participate in the Commission work and claimed that in conditions of Saakashvili regime there is no use to work out new Constitution.