- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
US Consulate confirms receiving a letter from Ossetian mothers2009-07-06 18:11
The US Consulate where Ossetian mothers wrote a letter to President Barack Obama asking him to help to bring back the citizens of South Ossetia illegally imprisoned in Georgia has confirmed having received the letter, Regnum writes.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to David Sanakoev, the RSO President's Plenipotentiary for Human Rights the message reads that the reply to the letter will be made in three days' time. The three-day term from the day of letter submission has not expired yet.
It will be remembered in the run-up to Obama's visit to Russia mothers of South Ossetians imprisoned in Georgia sent him an open letter. "We, mothers and relatives of South Ossetian citizens, captured and kidnapped by Georgian armed units before, during and after the August war in 2008 call on you to help us release our sons and brothers forcedly incarcerated in the territory of Georgia on framed-up charges", - the letter goes.
"Today there are thirteen citizens of South Ossetia kept in Georgian prisons. Other seven were declared missing by the Georgian authorities though we have absolute evidence including video footage that our children are in the hands of the Georgian special services subjected to torture and violence, - the Ossetian mothers write. - Mr. Obama, we know you pay a lot of attention to human rights protection no matter where violations occur. We are sure Georgian authorities will listen to your opinion. We beseech you to display human compassion and help us to bring our children back to their families promptly".