- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Alliance for Georgia to present their Constitution draft in autumn2009-07-06 18:41
Oppositional Alliance for Georgia led by Georgia's ex UN Envoy Irakli Alasania will present their own Constitution draft in September as stated by Republican Party leader David Usupashvili, News Georgia agency reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to him "we don't consider the Constitution as a short-time instrument of political maneuvering".
He believes the State Committee for Constitution Reform "was established to play for time". "That is why in the near future Alliance for Georgia and other political forces and public members are going to work out amendments to the Constitution of Georgia on their own", - the alliance's representative noted.
"In the current situation, any good text the parliament will adopt won't be a Constitution; just a nice document at best. The Constitution requires fundamental changes", - Usupashvili underlined.
He added throughout summer Alliance for Georgia was going to be working intensely on the new Constitution in order to present their variant to the public early in autumn.
"Our vision of the Constitution will be available to everyone including the State Constitution Committee", - Usupashvili stated.
It was also highlighted at the briefing that according to the Alliance the best political regime would be a presidential republic with balanced branches of power.