- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A corporal deserts Georgian army2009-07-08 17:54
Corporal Tengiz Jakeli recently disappeared from the 5th infantry brigade of Georgian Armed Forces where he was in military service.gt-en-newsitem-inside
A few days later Jakeli notified his command of being abroad. As it is believed in Tbilisi the corporal fled to Turkey where his relatives reside.
The reasons why Georgian soldiers desert are heavy conditions of service, constant fault-finding by local authorities and military officials from Tbilisi making inspection trips round military units, Russian Peacekeeper reports.
Following the so-called "Mukhrovani mutiny" the Georgian army came under a wave of repressions. The Georgian militaries are sure the mutiny was a complete frame-up by President Saakashvili in order to distract common people's attention from oppositional rallies.