- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Mass media: Russia lost six, not four jets in the August war?2009-07-09 13:34
It's quite possible Russia lost six, not four jets in August 2008 war in Caucasus as was officially stated by the government.gt-en-newsitem-inside
At least three of them were shot down by "friendly fire", Moscow Defence Brief journal (published by an independent research center in Moscow) suggests today with reference to "military sources and media reports".
According to the journal the war revealed serious problems in the Russian Armed Forces, VZGLYAD reports.
"Poor interoperability between the Russian Army and Air Forces led to simultaneous execution of entirely disconnected actions, - the journal writes. - The pilots were not informed about the situation on the ground, the reconnaissance reports were tardy and inaccurate, and at the beginning of military operations they had no clear idea of the Georgian air power".
According to official information disseminated by Deputy Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces Anatoly Nogovitsin Russia lost three attack aircrafts and a bomber in the war with Georgia".