- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Georgia to ban foreign movies dubbed in Russian2009-07-09 22:09
Foreign movies will be shown in Georgia only if dubbed in Georgian or with subtitles in the Georgian language. Thus foreign movies dubbed in Russian will be banned except for soap operas, animated films and other movies intended for preschool children.gt-en-newsitem-inside
These limitations are introduced through President of Georgia's law-making initiatives - draft amendments to the law "On Broadcasting" and "On State Support of National Cinematography".
At today's session Georgian Parliament's Committee for Education, Science, Culture and Sports discussed these draft laws in the first reading.
Besides amendments to the law "On Broadcasting" proposed by deputy Pavel Kublashvili were considered at the session. This draft law envisages satellite broadcasting of Georgian Public TV in different countries and creation of flexible mechanisms for expansion of the broadcasting area.