- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Opposition to widen their protest2009-07-10 13:34
Georgian opposition that has been holding large-scale rallies for President Mikheil Saakashvili's resignation since April 9 announces plans to widen protest and move to periphery.gt-en-newsitem-inside
It was recently stated by Movement For United Georgia leader Eka Beselia at a public meeting near the parliament, News Georgia reports.
The number of protesters has drastically dropped over the last month making opposition leaders call for reorganization. Yesterday on July 9, the third month since the start of rallies, there were just a few hundred people in front of the parliament.
"We had a choice - relentless struggle or a revolution. We chose continuous struggle and now we need to enhance our resources, work out a new strategy, expand politically and have more energy of the civil society", - Beselia stated.
"We plan to widen our struggle in July and August and go to the regions. We will start with Zugdidi (the westernmost district center of Georgia) and go all over Georgia; - Beselia said remarking August and September would be the peak months.
The major achievement of the three-month rallies for Beseila is "weakening state authority and close victory".