- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian President Dmitry Medvedev arrived in Tskhinval2009-07-13 15:30
President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev has arrived in the Republic of South Ossetia, Rosbalt reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
RSO President Edward Kokoyty and government officials welcomed Medvedev in Tskhinval. Tskhinval citizens too came to the central square of the city to greet the Russian president with loud and heavy applause. Now the meeting of the two leaders is taking place.
According to Medvedev Russia is ready to develop relations with South Ossetia implementing joint projects in different spheres.
"I would like to express my gratitude to you for having invited me to the new country, the new state, to South Ossetia that emerged as a result of drastic events and that was supported by Russian people in a difficult time. I believe today's short visit of the Russian president will lay the foundation for this kind of contacts and friendly relations, - RIA Novosti quotes Medvedev's words addressed to Kokoyty.
Russian president noted that "along with glorious past" Russia and Ossetia "have sound legal framework, several treaties". "We have a number of projects for restoration of the economy and social sphere in the republic. We will undoubtedly implement them for there are lots of things to do", - the Russian leader emphasized. "You will show me, for instance, what is to be done and what the top priority is, where the efforts should be directed in the first place", - Medvedev said.
Besides the Russian president believes "it is necessary to maintain defense cooperation adhering to relevant agreements". "At today's talks of my short visit to South Ossetia we will be able to discuss bilateral ties and speak about ways of enhancing our relations", - the president remarked. - I believe this is mandatory, and thank you again for the invitation".