- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Special US delegation to come to Georgia for Biden’s visit preparation2009-07-13 19:23
To prepare for US Vice President Joseph Biden's visit planned for July 20-24 an ad hoc delegation from the USA is coming to Georgia as US Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador to Georgia John Tefft told journalists, News Georgia reportsgt-en-newsitem-inside
"In two days' time a group of people supposed to cooperate with the Georgian side in preparation for the Vice President's visit will come and then the date of Biden's arrival will be known, Tefft said. "Biden is coming to Georgia next week, the exact date of his arrival is not known yet", - he specified.
Earlier Georgia's Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador to the USA Batu Kutellia told journalists that Biden's visit was "another powerful sign of support the new US administration shows for Georgia and a (warning) signal to those who seek instability in the country".
Kutelia reminded that following the August war Joe Biden had voiced an initiative to provide Georgia with USD 1 billion financial aid".
At the time of his visit to Tbilisi the US Vice President is expected to meet with representatives of authorities and opposition figures. It is remarked in the White House's official statement that Biden is coming to Georgia to demonstrate support for the ongoing democratic reforms.