- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Gali town (Abkhazia) to host incident prevention meeting2009-07-14 12:08
The meeting of experts from Abkhazia, Georgia, Russia, the UN and EU on incident prevention in Transcaucasia will take place in Gali today as was agreed at the Geneva discussions on July 1, ITAR-TASS reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to Abkhaz Foreign Minister Sergey Shamba this will be a "pilot pentalateral meeting on possibilities of situation resolution and efficient use of these mechanisms". According to him the pentalateral format coordinated at the Geneva discussions involves all parties concerned with security issues in the region: Abkhazia, Russia, Georgia and the EU under UN auspices.
As earlier stated by EU Special Envoy Pierre Morel the decision to hold a pentalateral meeting is "a sign of good will of the parties". "Discussions at the current round were tough but not dramatic as before and most importantly they were constructive, - he emphasized.