- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Russian EMERCOM leader to visit South Ossetia on July 212009-07-16 12:52
Head of Russian EMERCOM Sergey Shoygu plans to visit South Ossetia on July 21 in order to see progress of reconstruction works in the republic badly affected by the military conflict with Georgia in August 2008, RIA Novosti reports with reference to a spokesman at the Russian EMERCOM Chief Administration for South Ossetia.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Immediately upon arrival at Vladikavkaz airport the Russian EMERCOM delegation led by Sergey Shoygu will go to South Ossetia. Russian EMERCOM leader is greatly respected by people of the independent republic. He was in charge of Federal Humanitarian Aid HQ to help victims of the Georgian aggression and was one of the pioneers to come to Tskhinval and stay with people through tragic days", - the spokesman said.
The program of the working trip includes visits to a number of fire-rescue units of South Ossetia built and restored with the help of Russian Emergency authority following the tragic events of August 2008. "In addition to examining the service and life condition of South Ossetian fire fighters Sergey Shoygu will present them with new fire equipment to be shipped to South Ossetia in the run-up to his visit to the republic", - the interviewee emphasized. Meetings with RSO EMERCOM employees aimed at provision of material help to them and visits to a number of schools restored by the Russian EMERCOM officers are also on the agenda, the press service reports.
"Sergey Shoygu is going to meet with the leadership of the republic to discuss restoration and construction issues in Tskhinval and other localities as well as other urgent aspects of implementation of Russian-South Ossetian treaties, - the interviewee remarked. The Russian EMERCOM delegation will comprise a number of high-ranking EMERCOM officials including Chief Military Expert, General-colonel Pavel Plat who was at the head of the Russian EMERCOM group in South Ossetia in August and September 2008, the spokesman added.