- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
EU “trio” on a visit to Georgia2009-07-16 13:04
The EU trio led by Carl Bildt, Foreign Minister of Sweden currently chairing the EU is starting its visit around Caucasus today.gt-en-newsitem-inside
The European guests are expected to visit Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia on July 16-20. The EU delegation will hold a series of meetings and conversations with political leaders of theses states.
"Caucasus is strategically important for the EU and initiation of Eastern Partnership program confirms that, - the statement on the official site of Sweden's Representation to the EU reads, ITAR-TASS reports.
Karel Kovanda and John Kjayer of the European Commission, EU Special Envoy to South Caucasus Peter Somneby and EU Secretariat Representative Paolo Barroso will take part in the trip. Spain's Special Envoy to Central Asia Santiago Chamorro will represent the next EU presiding country.
During the trip it is planned to visit the EU monitoring mission in Georgia. Its mandate prolongation issue will be discussed at the meeting of EU Foreign Ministers in late July.