- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
A new party established in South Ossetia2009-07-16 17:39
Today South Ossetia is holding the founding congress of Fair Ossetia (Rastag Ir) new political party, Res agency reports.gt-en-newsitem-inside
According to the party's leader Kosty Koshte, a former leader of Fydybasta socialist party, today's congress is operative and journalists are not invited there. "After the congress the media will have information on the new party", - Koshte remarked.
As Georgia Times wrote earlier on May 31 South Ossetia was holding elections to the supreme legislative body in the republic. There were four parties struggling for seats in 34-seat parliament: Communist Party of South Ossetia, ruling Unity party, opposition-oriented Republican socialist party Fydybasta and People's party of the Republic of South Ossetia. Unity party was the winner with Fydybasta having the fewest electoral votes. Members of the party led by Vyacheslav Gobozov officially call themselves oppositionists; the party's program provides for creation of checks-and-balances system in the government authorities.