- Mom jailed over refusing son's circumcision makes tough call 2015-05-29 11:56
- Kerry sued over Hillary Clinton’s emails 2015-05-29 09:42
- A Website That Lets You Spy On Millions of People 2015-05-29 02:18
- Social Revolution In Ireland: 62% of Irish Voters Say YES To Gay Marriage 2015-05-29 02:11
- Killer robots will leave humans ‘utterly defenceless’ warns professor 2015-05-29 00:35
- Russian Air Force to Get at Least 50 New Strategic Tu-160 Blackjack Bombers 2015-05-29 00:21
- Chicago cops posed with black suspect wearing deer antlers 2015-05-28 13:40
Irakli Alasania to present a new opposition party today - 16 July, 20092009-07-16 21:26
Today Irakli Alasania, Georgia's ex UN Envoy chairing Alliance for Georgia will present Our Georgia - Free Democrats new opposition party, RIA Novosti reports with reference to Alasania's HQ press service.gt-en-newsitem-inside
Alasania will introduce new party members and tell about the main purposes of its creation. According to the press service the new political establishment will comprise Alasania's teammates with ex diplomats as the backbone. Our Georgia - Free Democrats statutory meeting is scheduled for September.
Alliance for Georgia that includes the Republican Party and New Rights together with Alasania's team has been taking an active part in daily rallies for President Mikheil Saakashvili's resignation since April 9 though he personally is not an organizer. A month ago Alasania stated his team would stop participating in "permanent actions" as their role had been fulfilled. Other Alliance members carry on with the protests. Alasania's main demand is early presidential election.